Sunday, March 28, 2004

Not much to report..

It's been a quiet weekend..and I LOVE QUIET! LOL!! Nothin' wrong with "quiet"!! LOL! Herman and I spent alot of time together this weekend. We all (except The Big One, who had to work) went to our friend's daughter's 1st birthday party! Got to see Kelly, an friend for a long time, whom we haven't seen in over a year. Funny (well..maybe not funny) story...Herman used to work out with Kyle, Kelly's ex-husband. Kyle is 10  years younger that Herman and Kelly is 10 years younger than me. Ironically, they got married on our 10 year wedding anniversary..which also happened to be the night Princess Di was (murdered) killed in Paris. Ruined MY night...more so, ruined HERMAN'S night! (Princess Di and I were the same age, got married [my 1st go-round] the same year and had our 1st child the same year..also, we both subsequently divorced our 1st husbands and fell in love with dark, handsome men!! LOL!!) ANYWAY...I TOTALLY digress...After the divorce, Kelly "kept" the friends that they had "aquired" during their relationship. Kyle has totally disappeared, much to Herman's dismay. It's actually quite upsetting as we were friends with Kyle looonnnggg before he met Kelly. We love Kelly, but Kyle just totally blew us off. To this day, we're not sure why. Yes, he left Kelly for another woman...maybe he's embarassed?! Kelly wanted children, Kyle did not. But he wound up with a woman who had children from her husband, whom she left for Kyle!! Very, VERY strange...

ANYWAY...Kelly is a doll...When "Boo" was hospitalized long-term for her depression/bi-polar disorder, Kelly would go and see her. Offered Herman and I some relief...one less Saturday that we would have to drive 45 minutes to see our daughter. Took some stress off us.( We felt really badly if we couldn't make it down to see her on both Saturdays and Sundays.) I will go into this period of our life at a better time...Still too vivd in my memory...

Herman went to Church with me this morning!! Yay Herman!! And he actually liked the sermon! The interim head pastor gave the sermon. Nice guy...very funny! He's from Iowa and Minneapolis/St. Paul area. Total mid-westerner! And we love it! Here in the Northeast we are soooo busy, involved and jaded...To hear a minister give a sermin that is totally the oppposite of what we are about is quiet refreshing! A different perspective, if you will...

On a sad note, my mom's 80 year old cousin Buzzy passed away on Friday. My mom and Aunt Bev have gottenclose to him over the past 20 or so years. He lived in Nova Scotia, Canada. My mom's family (The Jewers) were from a small village called Ecum Secum, Nova Scotia. Some of the family was killed during the huge explosion in Halifax in 1917. Fascinating family history...and Buzzy will be greatly missed. My mom and her sister tried to get to the funeral all weekend, to no avail..Burial is tomorrow (Monday) and I'm sure that mom and Aunt Bev will be there in spirit...

The Big One is sick...stomach virus? I made her fresh ginger steeped in boiling water, supposedly great for stomach ailments. She has managed to make it o work all weekend, tho...Good for her!

I'm hoping to get a great deal done tomorrow..gym, laundry, phone calls, etc...I think that I'm forgetting something..hmmmm...Oh well, I'll sleep on it!!

Really hoping to get down to FL and see Dar...Ohhhhh! Did I mention that I have tickets to see "The View" on Wednesday, April 7??!! Soooo excited! I've invited Little Sharon to go..also The Big One and Ray..you have to be 16 years old to attend..Can't wait!

Back to Dar...I'm hoping that I can accompany Boo down there when she goes to help out Dar..Ohhh..maybe I can tie in to the Disneyworld trip??!! LOVE IT!!! Herman's gonna kill me...thank God he loves me so much! He could care less about Disneyworld but he knows how much I love it...I think I can make this happen! Ahhh..we'll see....

My dad, sister and her family are planning to go to CA in late August...I gotta work on that, too! Herman doesn't want any part of that trip (wayyyyy too many "personalities", if you catch my drift) but my dad has told me in the past that if I can pay for myself and the children's meals...I'M IN! But then again, Cheryl (my sister) told me that he's pleading poverty...And I'm not one to push it...

Ok..I'm done...Peace and g'night...

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

That's weird! Hubby & I were at his best friend's (who was later our best man) wedding the night Princess Di died! It was also the night of our first fight. Bad night all around.