Friday, February 13, 2004

Home from work..sick

Stayed home from work today. I actually arranged this yesterday afternoon as I needed to find someone to cover for me. Just a head cold and achy old body parts. (Nothing makes you feel your age more than achy bones and joints!) Have decided that after waking up and not feeling ALL that bad, I will make a whole hearted attempt to get rid of the 1000 pounds of laundry I'm staring at! Boy, does my family go thru clean clothes!

Just got off the phone with my husband. He's coming home for lunch! Yay! He works 20 minutes away so it's do-able on occasion. I'll call an order in for subs (heroes, wedges..depends on where your from!) and he'll pick them up on his way home.

This weekend is going to be another busy one! My son is having his 13th birthday party at our house. Yay. Many 12 and 13 year olds and they ALL wanna go in the hot tub. My husband said "Ok, but we drain the thing immediately afterwards!" Lol..that means I get to clean it out. Not hard, but in the cold, it ain't fun.

Peace!

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

Hope you get to feeling better, sounds like a real busy weekend ahead of you. Good luck with all those boys in the house, I sure wouldn't want the job of cleaning out that hot tub in the cold either!

Anonymous said...

Sorry your sick Glad to hear the hubby works so close. john

Anonymous said...

oh pleazzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzze! suck it up sister!!!! I KNOW why YOU stayed home.....because that handsome man of yours was coming home for "lunch".....don't worry I'd call in sick too!!!!

Anonymous said...

Good luck w/those "prepubescents". Only been a couple of yrs since eldest was there. I kinda miss it. Oh well, just 10 more yrs. 'til I get to revisit that.

I'd clean a hot tub out in a blizzard just 2 have 1! 'Course, I don't really know what I'm talking about, doesn't get very cold in SC. We're expecting snow & frzing rain here in the foothills. A whopping 3 in.! My daffodils & tulips had already broken ground. Hope they make it!

Happy Valentine's. Have fun w/ur sweetie!