Wednesday, May 19, 2004

I ask again...now what?!

I spoke to my manager yesterday and told him of my job offer. I told him that, altho I really hate to leave, the other company was offering me more money. I asked him if I could stay on 1 day a week (Wednesday) and he said that he didn't think so. I was crushed.

It sucks to learn that you are expendable.

So...do I stay at the restaurant or do I go back to my old job? I have a lot to think about...

############LATER THAT SAME DAY##########

Well..it seems that my manager was kidding me! He said, "Shar...why do you look so down?" When I explained that I was upset by the fact that I may take the other job and not have 1 day a week at the restaurant, he said, "Shar..you'll ALWAYS have a job here, even if you just wanna come in for 2 hours! Of course you can work 1 day a week here! We'd love to see you stay, but we also understand that it's more money at the other place!"

So now I suppose I really need to make a definate choice here..don't you?! (Thanks janothy for all your advice...and yes, I did listen!)

Getting ready to do food delivery to a local women's shelter..The Deacon's serve a baked ziti parmigiana to this shelter once a month. I just hope that we have enough help...I know of only 1 other person who's definately going to be there...Should be interesting as we feed approx 50 residents a meal of baked ziti, farlic bread, celery, carrot, cookies and juice..This is not the time to be shorthanded..Oh well..gotta get out of my work clothes and into something a bit more comfortable!

Everyone have a great night! Peace!

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

Hi!  Why would your boss at the restaurant want to turn down help??  Doesn't make any sense to me.  I know I probably haven't been much help for you, but agsin, I think following your heart would be the best.  Which job do you enjoy the most?  Which juob would give you the most satisfaction?  Which job has the pay that would herlp you and your family out more?  Just a few questions to ponder.    -Jan

Anonymous said...

Sometimes its easier to make a list of the pros and cons of a decision that your facing like this. I hope it all works out for you.

Anonymous said...

ok...i need to know just ONE thing...what is farlic bread!   Just bustin' ya!  miss ya!

Anonymous said...

Your not alone think about going to another job.