(Dar: I know you're gonna disagree with this entry...TOO BAD!! LOL!!)
1. We have actual seasons: it rains in the Spring, gets hot in the Summer, cools off and leaves fall in the Fall and snows in the winter..JUST LIKE GOD INTENDED!!
2. We have beaches, mountains, green valleys and a beautiful area called the Pine Barrens, a place filled with brackish water and pine trees.
3. Not everyone from New Jersey actually says: New Joisey, goil (girl) or Oh my Gawd!! No, we're not all like the Sopranos, either..
4. We live close to the greatest city in the world, NYC!! A mecca of culture, clubs, restaurants and theatre!! And we don't have to drive there because...
5. We have mass transit! We have a vast network of buses, trains and taxis.
6. We have many quaint towns, my town included!
7. Sure, our cost of living is higher than most states but incomes are alot higher to compensate.
8. Alot of actors/actresses come from NJ. Susan Sarandon is from the next town over from me, as was the recently deceased Robert Pastorelli (Eldin on "Murphy Brown"). Robert Hedgyes (Jaun Epstein from "Welcome Back Kotter!") is from my town..ah, the list goes on and on...
9. New Jersey is rich in history, as we are 1 of the original 13 states!! Woo-hoo! Some of the homes in my area are over 200 years old!!
And last but not least...
10. Since we are a major port for the import of gas, our gas prices are among the lowest in the country!
Ok...so it really stinks (literally and figuratively) up by Newark/ Elizabeth (refineries galore!!)..but please, next time you make a joke about New Jersey being "the armpit of America"..remember: Some of us really DO like it here!!