Sunday, January 11, 2004

Out with the old, in with the new!

The Christmas tree came down today..Hmmm..looks kinda bare there. So...what should we do about it?! The couch that was in front of the tree was broken a year or so ago by 1 or 2 of the children. (They took a flying leap at it and broke the back spine of it..I have the bruises to prove it!!) Ok, yes..it matched the rest of the furniture but it was BROKEN, dammit! My husband took children #'s 3& 4 to the mall and checked out a furniture store while he was there. He saw a nice saddle-colored leather couch. Came home and told me about it. "Do you think it will match the dark brown ottoman we saw in Costco yesterday?", he asks me. "Hmmm...why don't we go to Costco, buy the ottoman and THEN decide?!", I reply. Ok....ottoman in hand (truck,really), we take off to the mall in search of a matching couch. And we found it! Yes, the saddle colored leather couch matched PERFECTLY! (In my world, yes, it does!)

Got hurt carrying (ok..helping..) the couch in. Couldn't make dinner. Besides, color co-ordinating is SOOO tiring. Took children #'s 3 & 4 out to dinner. Really..would it have been fair to them if their suffering mom had to make dinner for them? I knew that you'd agree!

Looking forward to cuddling up on the new couch and ottoman with husband tonight. Leather needs to be "broken in", right? ::devilish smile::

G'night and see you in the 'morrow! LOL!!!

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

i hear leather cleans easily..........

Anonymous said...

Great story! Congratulations on the new furniture. You deserve it.
Julie

Anonymous said...

All my furniture is cast off from friends. I have bought nothing. I won't be buying anything for a while either. I got too many other important things. Some new leather would look and feel good. But then, I might feel inclined to use it! I rarely use my own furniture. Gordy

Anonymous said...

Hi, I love what you said on my journal. It's just the perfect escape. So I trecked over here. And Love what I found here. The couches sound so beautiful. I so love brown. I recently replaced my white uggg couches with brown chennile ones and they are so cozy and I won't have to worry about staining. Enjoy! And I'll be back to read your other entries later on. Ty again.