Tuesday, June 8, 2004

My last Deacon's meeting...

Before anyone asks....yes, I cried. I told everyone how much being a Deacon meant to me, how much I've discovered about myself and my Church. I told them that they had no idea of the personal crises my family was going thru for several years and how my being a Deacon kept me centered, kept me sane. I told them that I would miss all them, and in my prayer at the end of the night, I thanked everyone for their guidance and fellowship.

This is a time of change for me...Deacon meetings will soon enough be replaced by Unicameral Board meetings, my waitress job will be replaced (in a large part) by my "old" secretarial job..

I'm looking foward to the challenges that being an Elder of the Church will bring. I look forward to new friendships and continuing old ones.

One of my favorite movies is "Godspell"...the following lyrics kind of sum up how I feel about my life..

All Good Gifts

We plow the fields and scatter the good seed on the land..
But it is fed and watered by God's almighty hand..
He sends the snow in winter, the warmth to swell the grain...
The breezes and the sunshine, and soft refreshing rain...

All good gifts around us
Are sent from Heaven above
So thank the Lord, oh thank the Lord for all his love...

We thank thee then, O Father, for all things bright and good,
The seedtime and the harvest, our life, our health, our food,
No gifts have we to offer for all thy love imparts
But that which thou desirest, our humble thankful hearts!

All good gifts around us
Are sent from Heaven above..
So thank the Lord, oh thank the Lord for all his love..

I really wanna thank you Lord!

:::eyes welling up with tears:::

I thank HIM for my past 3 years as Deacon and all my personal growth...and for all the good gifts He has rained upon me...

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Hi!!  What a great entry!  My you be blessed the next three years as you have been these past three!

Jan