Saturday, January 21, 2006

The good, the bad and...well,the ugly. (Sorry for the bad cliche)

The good: My sister is pregnant! Woooooohoooo! I'm still in shock!! She'll turn 44 the day before my 45th birthday (yes, she was born the day before my first birthday!!) so this is both happy and hmmm..not scary...but, well, "cautious" news. However, I am soooo thrilled about this news that I simply CANNOT contain myself!!!! Yeeeeeeeeehawwwww!

Also, I finally heard from Dar...she made the big move!!! Yay! She's in a much better place: mentally, physical, emotionally and financially. I'm so happy for her and her boys!

The bad: My son's band, The Oddessy, lost a majority of their equipment this evening when the place they stored their equipment at and rehearsed at went up in flames. The damages are still being totalled. I feel soooo badly for them and the owner of the garage ( a band member's mother)...Hopefully, they'll recover from this awful fire. Nobody was injured, thank God.

The ugly: Work. I won't go into detail but this week was pretty much AWFUL.....and not related to the job itself. Two people I care about a great deal have had pretty much the worst week in their lives ever. And I'm stuck in the middle. I'm not worried about losing my job but I am afraid of losing a friend. We'll see how this plays out...

Well, this is all the news that's fit to print..so I'm outta here.

Peace!!!

No comments: