Saturday, January 15, 2005

One of the funniest things I've seen in awhile

Herman needed his haircut BADLY so last night we ran over to SuperCuts and he got scalped. Really scalped!! It almost looks as tho he's bald! (Think Marine boot camp haircut!) Anyway, it looks good on him. ANYWAY..we were both hungry as we hadn't eaten since lunch so we went to Applebee's for dinner. I, of course, had (IMHO)the world's best nachos and Herman ate baby back ribs. (I must stop here to tell you about the nachos..I am a nacho freak. The more stuff on 'em, the better! Being the nacho expert that I am, I must tell you that Applebee's does indeed serve the best nachos ever. Seasoned ground beef, excellent salsa, sour cream, gaucamole {99cents extra}, cheese and jalapenos on top of a bed of just-fried tortilla chips...sigh..The only thing missing is lots of black olives. Is your mouth watering yet?!) Ok..back to my story..While we were waiting for our table, I noticed a middle-aged man leaning againts the rail, also waiting to be sat. Not so unusual, right? Right...except for the fact that THIS man was wearing a knee length pink satin dress, white tights, pink frilly socks, black Mary Jane's, bloned Shirley Temple style wig, red boa, Little Red Riding Hood type cape and twirling a great big lollipop in his hands!!  Well, me being me, I just had to say something to him! I strolled over and said, "Gee! That musta been SOME party!" You know what he said to me? "No, actually LIFE is the party! I wear this to make people smile, to give them something to laugh about! Besides, I LIKE wearing this! It's fun!" After I left him, others began to talk to him, laughing and smiling.

Mission accomplished!

(Of course, Herman thinks that the guy is psychotic!)

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

it's at moments like this that you wish you'd spent the extra money for that darn camera phone!!!!  LOL!  thanks for the giggle!