Friday, December 26, 2003

Not such a quiet Christmas after all!

Well, I THOUGHT it would be quite here but not so! Apparently my sister decided at the last morning (read: Christmas Day around noon!) that she was NOT having Christmas dinner at her house and instead, "What time should mom, dad and I be over for dinner?" LOL!! She was originally going to have dinner at her house for my mom, dad and her in-laws but because her in-laws said that they would not be showing up (much to her delight, I might add!!), she changed her plans...which was just fine. Instead of 8 for dinner, we had 13...no biggie.

Our eclectic menu included: Ham, barbequed ribs, grilled steak, green bean casserole (c'mon... you neeed to have this oldie at Christmas!), mashed potatoes, shrimp scampi over rice...you name it, my husband grilled it! We had a good time! Busy, but nice! 3 pies, a cheesecake and a box of cream puffs later, my family left. I have soooo many leftovers, I can feed my own family for the next 2 days!

My husband took 2 of our daughters to the mall this morning. I thought I'd surprise him and make some scrambled eggs with ham and fried mashed potatoes for breakfast. Well, of course, because I NEVER make breakfast, he stopped while he was out and picked up fried eggs sandwiches for all!! LOL! Fortunately my in-laws are still here so everything got eaten!

Need to get some laundry done...the girls have been hording their dirty clothes and I am now facing at least 20 loads of laundry! YIKES! Luckily for me, I actually enjoy it...very relaxing..Crazy, right?

See ya!

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Listen...I KNOW your sister would NEVER do that!!!! Ha! and laundry? I've never seen you do laundry in my life!