Saturday, February 12, 2005

Whew! What a week!

Herman and I spent the weekend going back and forth to NY to see his mom and dad. Saturday night they said she'd be fine but they wanted to keep her for observation since her usually high blood pressure was too low. The next morning, his dad calls us and tells us that she had an irregular heartbeat. We go back up to check on her. Fortunately, we were there when the cardiologist arrived and he said that she did NOT have an irregular heartbeat. (My father in law is hard of hearing so if he hears something, he tends to embellish it a bit.) The cardio dr says that they are going to keep her til Monday or Tuesday just so that they can run some more tests on her but he feels that everything will be normal. Wants to err on the side of caution. Fine. Monday evening my father in law calls agaian and says that she has 50%-60% blockages in BOTH her carotid arteries!! This was true. So they scheduled an MRI for the next day to determine where exactly the blockages are and how to best treat them but her surgeon feels that he'll need to operate on at least one of the arteries. He feels that this is what made her pass out in the first place and has been causing her some memory problems, also. Well...we waited to find out the results on Tuesday evening and when my f-i-l calls, he tells us that she was released with NO EXPLANATION!! Now we're all upset, especially when we learn that she was released with a heparin lock (an emergency IV site) in place!! We insist that he go back to the hospital and have it removed because even tho it was sterile, she could accidently pull it out or get it infected or it could infiltrate. Fortunately, he listened to us and took her back. As of right now, we have no idea where things stand. Her own doctors are checking into this and they're saying that they may not operate because of her age. We're going up to see them either today or tomorrow.

Work was busy this week, with the added bonus of police action! To make a very long story short, (one in which a tech doesn't do his job and lies to me about it!!) Keith decided to fire a technician because he failed to show up for work on Friday. Apparently said tech was in a bar getting blasted. When Keith's wife called him and told him to bring the work van back to the shop, he got really weird and I got a bad feeling. He was saying odd things and was being snotty, condescending, rude, vague and just plain weird. So, Keith told us to call the cops and that's what we did. We wouldn't let him into the office. When the cops showed up they discovered that he was druck. Fortunately for him, his "daughter" drove our van back so he wasn't charged with drunk driving. It was scary. I don't like confrontation so it was upsetting to me. All ended well..I guess. He got his paycheck and we got our van and radio back. Now we just need to find some techs!! So much work, and only 1.5 techs!!

We went to dinner with our friends Wayne and Brenda last night. They brought their adorable little girl with them. She is too cute and I enjoeyed playing with her. Dinner was good. It was great to see them again. We haven't seen them since the holidays.

Well...that's it! Peace!

1 comment:

brimasta1 said...

Whoah! Thats pretty strange getting sent home with the lock still in ya!? Sounds like a busy week. ;)