Friday, July 8, 2005

4th of July party and other stuff..

4th of July was supposed to be a quiet barbeque at my house. We had invited my mom, sister & her family and 4 of our friends. That makes 5 of my family (me, Herman, Jaclyn, Rachel and John), 4 of my sister and mom, and 4 guests. That makes 13 people for a barbeque. My sister backed out..my mom stopped by for a half hour or so. Sooooo...how then, did the invited 4 friends turn into 10 friends??!! Easy..."Oh, I heard you're having a party...mind if I/we stop by?" How do you say "no"?! You don't. We had tons of food so we of course said, "Sure! C'mon over!"

Needless to say we had a great time. Burgers, hot dogs, steaks, wings, shrimp & rice and some pasta salad. And beer....lots of beer. Everyone brought over at least a case each...We'll have beer til Labor Day!! And fun...lots of fun! This is a fun crowd. No one gets obnoxiously drunk..they're all pretty mellow. We ate from 3pm til just after 9pm.

Poor Herman, though. He was awakened at 6am by a phone call from his boss. Apparently the girl who covers the Philadelphia office wasn't answering her pages nor her cell phone nor her house phone. So Herman had to trek to the Phila. office (which isn't in Phila. propoer..it's in a northern suburb) at 830am..It's a 1 1/2 hours away from our house. He wasn't  happy. He made it back in time to run around for ice and propane.

Saturday I had to take John to the doctor's office...where he was diagnosed with shingles!! She put him on an anti-viral medication and he's feeling better. Poor guy! Thankfully he has a very high threshold for pain so he wasn't in excrutiating pain.

Becky is headed  for Dar's on Sunday. Unfortunately, so is Hurricane Dennis!! LOL! Becky is supposed to fly into Tampa at 1130am or so on Sunday morning but I expect that that won't happen. I'm sure that she and Herman will be sitting at the airport all day, trying to get her there later in the day or on Monday morning. We'll see.

Have I mentioned how happy I am that it is Friday? Wellll..it is and I am!

Ok...John and his friend Matt want to head to the mall now so I'm out!

Peace!

No comments: