Sunday, December 26, 2004

Christmas, parties and other stuff..

Above you'll see pictures from Mark and Heather's Christmas party which took place on Dec. 18th. We all had a blast! (Some had a better time than others, tho...LOL) We didn't leave there til 230am. YIKES! Didn't get to sleep til well past 3am. I will add Christmas pictures at a later date. Have to upload them from the camera.

We were supposed to host 18 for Christmas dinner but once again, Herman's sister and family didn't make it due to one of her kids catching the flu. So, we were 13 instead. Our menu was: Appetizers- cheese and crackers, chips and dip. Dinner- Ham, ribs, shrimp scampi, green bean casserole, mashed potatoes. Dessert- Mini eclairs and cookies.

Herman and I busted our butts off yesterday, between cleaning, making dinner and then cleaning it all up. but, WE DID IT! Everything was cleaned up and put away before we went to bed. I conked out way before Herman did. I was up til 3am the night before. I served communion at the candlelight service on Christmas Eve so I was wound up for awhile after we got home at 1230am. I just hung out and watched TV for a bit. Our children all slept in on Christmas Day. They're all older now and besides, since they already knew what they were getting, there were no surprises waiting for them. Kinda sad, if you ask me. I used to love it when they still believed in Santa..they'd be up bright and early, checking out the loot before we rolled out of bed. ANd then squeals of delight. I miss it.

I'm gonna go for now...I'll add more pictures later. We're just hanging out, snuggling on the couch and watching movies. (If you get a chance to rent "Collateral", do it! Great movie! Even if you hate Tom Cruise, it's still a great action movie.)

Peace!

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

aaaaw it sounds and looks like u had fun..HAPPY NEW YEAR!!!!!!!!!