Friday, August 20, 2004

This and that...

Been on vacation all week long..Went back to Dorney Park with all 4 children and a friend..Had a blast! Went to Pt. Pleasant one night and walked the boardwalk...nice night...Celebrated Herman's 45th birthday yesterday!! He and I went to The Lobster Shanty in Point Pleasant last night..disappointing. My steamers (clams) were soooo sandy and had an awful stench to them. I had to send them back. They are also overpriced as far as lobsters go. Herman had a 2 pound lobster dinner that cost us $36!! (The portuguese places we normally frequent usually have twin lobster specials for less that $25) All in all it was nice night..the kids were all away for the night. (This was not an accident...we threw them all out! LOL!!)

Had an abdominal ultrasound two weeks ago for the pain that I have had for a month. According to my primary doctor, it came back "esentially fine" but as to why the pain still persists, no answers...So I headed off to the gastroenterologist on Thursday morning. He is concerned that something is going on (I have severe reflux which has resulted in a pre-cancerous condition of the esophagus, Barrett's Esophagus..yuck..) so he wants me to have a CAT scan. He thinks that it may be my gallbladder. All I know is that I have had a pain in my upper right side for 5 weeks now with no relief. Thankfully, this doctor WILL get to the bottom of it.

I heard from Lila!! She's doing well and wants me to tell everyone that she says "HI!!" and hopes that all is well with everyone. She likes her new job. Shane (her son) is doing well...I'll be writing back to her soon..

We're supposed to have a party tomorrow but it doesn't appear that the weather is going to cooperate. May have to postpone to Sunday or next weekend..It's going to be mostly Herman's gym friends so it should be a wild party!! LOL!

Dar and her family evacuated for Hurricane Charley but went back home when it turned east and headed a bit south and east of her. I don't think they even got rain from the hurricane! Lucky, lucky break for them...

Well..that's it for now..have tons of laundry to do and then I need to address the needs of the house! LOL!

Peace, everyone!!

 

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

HEY SISTA......I tink you need to retire from da bloggin' business eh?  sorry, that was my best pigeon.......now southern....dang, girl, you  need to quit...love & miss ya.....ps..can you tell i'm tired of checkin' this thing or what?